Couples counseling has managed to acquire widespread recognition all across globe with an increasing number of people indulging in it every year. This particular form of psychotherapy involves a highly competent and adequately experienced professional trying to resolve complicated issues that may push love relationships towards disastrous meltdown. Now I have jotted down a few extremely popular couples counseling exercises, which you and your partner could practice on a daily basis. Please do check them out immediately.
- Fabricate a list of activities you both can participate in
There is nothing better than experiencing brand-new things together. Create a list of activities you both like such as visiting a museum, undertaking a trip to some faraway island, indulging in an adventurous sport, etc., and then get each done gradually.
- Resolving arguments before you both go to bed at night
According to top-notch professionals carrying out couples counseling in Los Angeles for an affordable price, going to bed with hard feelings is not recommended. Rather than dwelling on a specific problem and compromising sleep in process, you and your spouse should talk, and find at least a temporary way out.
- Having ‘honesty hour’ once a week or month
While we tell lies to our partner at some point or other, a relationship must never be based upon anything but honesty. Thus, at least once a month or week, sit and say whatever comes to both of your mind regarding each other. Now remember that truth might hurt but instead of getting offended, try to bring forth improvements.
- Going on date nights
Renowned specialists conducting couples counseling in Los Angeles have time and again emphasized upon significance of date nights. You and your partner would be able to interact with each other intimately, often opening up about sentiments bottled up for years, as well as effectually keeps the spark alive. Completely focused attention on each other along with anticipation of a fun time together is exceptionally sensuous.
- Unplugging for a day
Almost every modern-day individual is excessively reliant upon smartphone, laptop, and other electronic gadget so much so that he or she could not live without them even for a minute. Well, to make relationships work, couples must unplug and spend quality time with one another at least for a day. They could play board games together, visit a spa parlor, take a relaxing bath, cook a unique dish, etc. Doing so would make them strong as a unit.
Keeping all exercises stated above in mind and implementing them with maximum diligence would most surely strengthen bonds between you and your significant other as well as enhance intimacy to a great extent. Now isn’t that absolutely amazing?
By integrativetherapyla | On 07/06/2017
All of us have experienced periods of grief, stress, conflict and sadness at some point or the other in our lives. Generally, people get rid of these issues on their own but if the problems continue to persist and get worse, it is time to seek professional assistance. Conflicting with the popular belief, one does not necessarily have to go crazy in order to undergo therapy, neither does counseling deem essential to deal with every other issue of life. So, how can we understand that it is time for us to go and see a therapist?
After conducting extensive research with the noted organizations offering services of individual counseling in Los Angeles, we have come to know about six crucial signs that substantiate your need for a therapy. Let us take a close look at them as they are mentioned below in points:
- Are you unable to enjoy family get-togethers and friendly outings like before? If yes, then it stands to be a clear indication that things are not right. Feeling disenchanted or experiencing an overall sense of dissatisfaction and unhappiness for prolonged time periods prove that you require support, in order to acquire clarity or new perspectives.
- Individuals, who are not able to control their emotions might suffer from mental illnesses. Eating or sleeping abnormally, withdrawing from social gatherings and feeling low without any definite reason shows that something serious is going on and it may heavily take a toll on one’s life.If all the stated signs compel you to have suicidal thoughts or question your existence, it is time to reach out for specialized help.
- Friends and relatives are capable of noticing behavioral changes much before we ourselves can. So, if they have pointed out abnormalities in your conduct, it is time to consider things seriously and go for a therapeutic session.
- Are you relying on any kind of external substance like alcohol, drugs, sex or food, in order to keep calm and feel better? If yes, then you are simply trying to numb certain feelings that require immediate attention. Suppressing emotions continuously could generate disastrous results in the long run. Thus, instead of wasting time, go for professional help as soon as you can.
- There are a wide-range of events starting from the death of a close one to divorce or breakup and job loss, which profoundly impacts one’s mind. Although we believe that ‘time heals everything’, in some cases these traumatic situations unfavorably affect the functioning of our day-to-day lives. In such cases, it would be helpful if you speak to a therapist, who would allow you to let things go.
- Being emotionally unwell could actually affect your physical health. According to latest studies, stress has a tendency of manifesting itself in the form of varied health issues like headaches, less libido, joint pains, frequent colds and stomach upset. If your immune system is going through such a rundown, it is time to talk to a counselor.
According to the reputed therapists offering individual counseling in Los Angeles, if a person has noticed any of the above-mentioned signs, he/she must instantaneously contact a therapist.